Visitor Management still following the old school model in Apartment Complexes?
How many visitors are in your Building/office right now? How many were there yesterday? What about 14th Jan 2020?
You probably struggled to answer at least that last question, if not the one before. And if you could answer them at all, you likely had to pull out the Register / binder that holds your visitor sign-in sheets or find the old Excel sheet in and manually count the entries.
Residing in your desired society or moving into a new place is exciting, and knowing your new home is secure makes the experience even sweeter. Real apartment security is about doing the small things that make a big difference.
In a survey, more than 60% residents responded that Security is the main reason for choosing the Apartment they are living in. While more than 25% of the Maintenance Expense is budgeted for Security, visitor management system in a Gated Community, still most of them use one of the oldest tools – The Register. The information of every outsider coming into the Apartment Complex is captured in The Register.
Issues with old school -Register based Visitor Management:
- Visitors often provide invalid phone numbers, which makes the information useless.
- The handwriting is often unreadable making the information captured useless.
- The Information captured in the Register is very difficult to search in case an incident investigation needs to be done.
- The information in the register usually have a serious security flaw as visitors intentionally wrongly interlinks with the Apartment Resident so they can raise an alert in case there is an anomaly (e.g., a visitor daily enters taking the name of a locked flat)
- Capturing the Visitor data in a Register available right at the Gate makes the data insecure and prone to misuse. This is also another reason that many visitors do not provide their genuine details.
- Management Committee members or Estate Manager have no way to quickly audit if all Visitor Details are being captured, following the right process. They can only do so by physically sitting next to the Security Guards, which again is a tedious task.
- It is impossible to get any intelligence (analytics & Reporting) from the movement trends at the Gate which can be utilised towards Security optimisation.
- While one Security Agency may place a certain set of Registers with certain processes to be followed, the handover of all these details becomes cumbersome to the subsequent Security Agency.
Above reasons in my knowledge are adequate why more and more Apartment/Gated Communities are decreasing their registers and moving to an App based visitor management system
What is an app based Visitor Management System?
Visitor management is the process of tracking everyone who enters your building or your office. A visitor may be a Guest, customer, a delivery person, a job applicant, a contractor, a consultant. Essentially, anyone who is not a resident is a visitor.
A visitor management system is a technology used to track visitors in a formal way. In Apartment Complexes, the age-old practice of using manual registers for capturing visitor’s information still carries on. Security in complexes is supposed to safeguard the lives of families – the elderly, the children. Therefore, security in apartment complexes is much more important.
Thankfully, today apartment complex security is being taken seriously. Many apartment communities are looking at transforming their security with the use of technology. Realising the importance of security in residential complexes, iSocietymanager focussed on developing a product which provides better security, and also facilitates Management committee / facility team to take informed decisions, so that they can save unwanted spending on security.
iSocietymanager’ s Visitors management solution has changed the way and perception of security in societies by providing advanced features like visitors authentication by OTP system , visitors parking alert to guards in case the parking is full, allowed time alert notification (in case of delivery orders, courier boys , vendors), visitor slip, guard patrolling, staff attendance, complete MIS and many more other features which makes it one of the best visitor management system and most liked and opted across more than 100+ societies
Do consider again before spending any more on increasing the number of security guards; do take an informed decision on what areas you need to spend and if technology like (iSocietymanager) can provide you a better option.
Pace off the Register and stay connected with technology!! Get it today.