Facilities Management Best Practices to Incorporate
What is Facilities Management?
Facilities management helps ensure the functionality, comfort, safety and efficiency of buildings and grounds, infrastructure and real estate. Every organization relies on a mix of functions and services to provide the support essential to its core business operations. Ensuring that this support is available in the right form, at the right quality and for the right cost is the domain of facilities management.
- Operations and maintenance
- Communications management
- Emergency management and business continuity
- Environmental stewardship and sustainability
- Human factors and ergonomics
- Project management
- Real estate and property management
Facilities management is a continually evolving discipline for the simple fact that facilities themselves are constantly changing. As the two grow in tandem, facilities management best practices must adapt at the same time.
Top facilities management best practices to incorporate are given below:
1. Customize management to your facilities
The rise of tailored best practices shows there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to facilities management. And it shouldn’t happen in an age in which workplaces are growing increasingly dynamic. To follow best practices implies to satisfy the expectations of the workplace in a way that contributes positively to the market.
2. Prioritize budgeting
Proper budgeting is critical as facilities management more closely aligns with mitigating business costs. Data from the workplace and analysis enable managers to spend more efficiently. Fiscal stability of a business is improved by identifying the potential to save money, eliminating international costs and better planning the next expenditures.
3. Centralize facility management through software
The proactive management of facilities has long been bane of siloed records. Real estate in one basket; building upkeep in another; space utilization in yet another. It’s the contrary now. Holistic data and analytics enable FMs recognize better the effect of various parts and large patterns in their facilities.
Breaking down silos in a typical facilities management structure requires technology that provides a top-down view:
- An Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) manages everything from real estate portfolios, floor plans, and space management.
- A Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) platform ties together the everyday needs of workplace management, including usage and utilization oversight.
- A Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) manages maintenance requests and coordinates building-wide upkeep and improvements.
- An Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) platform serves as the system of record for assets within a workplace, tracking everything from worth to maintenance schedules.
4. Keep up to date with innovations and IoT
Workplaces are getting smarter. There are constant development of new technology, also new versions of current technology are created, and upgrades upgrade legacy technologies. It is the responsibility of an installation manager to remain open to progress.
Facility managers are looking to change their offices by using the IoT (Office Internet of Things) technology. How would software assist you further with your work? How do you help or upgrade outdated frameworks with modern options? What are IoT’s going to overcome challenges? The more tech is known, the more opportunity to take advantage of the IoT workplace.
5. Automate facilities processes
Streamlining operations is a cornerstone of good facilities management. Automation takes that one step further, improving workplace structure from both cost and quality perspectives.
6. Collect information- as much of it as possible
Many of the best practices in facility management today focus on data and analysis. In order to make the workplace and care for their buildings, IoT device data offers facilitators the ability to make decisions positively. This begins by identifying challenges and identifying data streams that have responses. The first step in hypothesizing solutions is to quantify as much workplace as possible.
FACTECH AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED offers one of the best facility management software ( like CMMS, etc. ), to know more about the top notch facility management software solutions provided by Factech Automation Solutions please visit factech.co.in
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.