What is Preventive Maintenance Checklist?
What is the Preventive Maintenance checklist?
Checklists can be a perfect guide for standardizing repetitive processes that must be routinely done. A preventive maintenance checklist may be used in the same manner to streamline a number of activities for preventive maintenance.
Preventive maintenance checklists, however, are only helpful if developed for a reason and provide all the information required.
Best practices for creating Preventive Maintenance Checklist
Things you can do before you build checklists for Preventive Maintenance:
1. Build an asset list that needs Preventive Maintenance
For a preventive maintenance checklist, if you have just a few assets in mind, you can skip this step. It pays to be proactive to have all in one place for those who intend to build checklists for thousands of properties, particularly if you are not already monitoring them with a CMMS.
2. Gather manuals from the original equipment manufacturer (OEM)
3. Review asset history
What to include in a good Preventive Maintenance Checklist?
A good Preventive Maintenance checklist contains:
1. Information on planning
Planning gives us the power to control and manage maintenance effectively. We can include the below points in our preventive maintenance planning
- Instruments needed to complete the work
- The required spare parts to complete the job
- Estimated time needed for the job to be finished
2. Information on the protection
While doing maintenance, the technicians are at risk. We should take precautionary steps and measure to mitigate any risk of loss of life and resources.
- SOPs or Guidelines for Protection
- The personal protection equipment needed (PPE) and tools should be defined.
3. Visual support (if required)
The picture is worth 1000 words, that is rightly said. Visuals helps us to understand the process easily. We can include
What is a good strategy to create preventive maintenance Checklist?
As explained above aspects for the creation of a checklist for Preventive Maintenance can be summarized below
- Make your maintenance team well equipped and trained.
- What you want to achieve in the Preventative Maintenance (PM) Plan should be concise and clear
- In-depth information about the maintenance to be taken is important
- Decide on what properties and services to provide
- Time schedule should be properly planned for preventive maintenance
- Monitoring and keep updated, spares, price, KPIs can be handy.
Video Explaining Important of Checklist in Preventive Maintenance:
FACTECH Solutions provides online software for Preventive Maintenance, Asset Management, Maintenance of HVAC systems, etc. To know more visit https://factech.co.in