Why Digital Transformation Is Needed For Facility Management
Importance of digital transformation facility management
The way many organizations run their business is affected by new technology and disruptions. A 2015 global study by MIT Sloan Management Review and Deloitte showed that over 90% of respondents anticipate digital trends that are largely or moderately disruptive to their industry.
With these developments that shakeup, the way firms use their real estate, the development of new strategies and capacities is essential for facility management (FM) teams. However, many remain inadequately equipped and unprepared for the changing workplace and the problems that come with it. For example, one complaint from facility managers we regularly hear is that they do not have the experience and skills to use data in making better decisions or align FM priorities with broader business objectives through data analysis.
Contact our experts and learn more about how to reduce operational costs by eliminating unforeseen failures with digital twins and other emerging virtual modeling technologies.
Operations and maintenance support infrastructure
This stage monitors support requirements and capabilities to ensure that the support infrastructure is continually aligned and integrated with the primary business activities. It monitors performance and evaluates services that are being provided. The element to be analyzed at this stage are as follow:
- Maintain and operate support infrastructure
- Monitor alignment and integration of support infrastructure with primary business activities
- Maintain support strategy
- Maintain support policies and standards
- Maintain stakeholder management and framework
Developing FM Policy and strategy
At this stage, some degree of understanding should have been reached to determine FM policy and strategy. The element to be analyzed and considered at this stage are as follow:
- Developing strategic FM processes
- Organize FM organization and the development
- Aligning FM strategy with the organization’s strategy
- Define support strategy concepts such as defining benefits management, defining business continuity, defining corporate social and environmental responsibility, considering performance and innovation, defining support objectives, defining cost and space optimization, and defining portfolio management.
Organizations that implement facilities management solutions can achieve significant advantages in their abilities to improve business outcomes by better controlling their facilities and physical assets. But advantages do not accrue on their own organizations need to plan implementation processes carefully, conduct activities and resources with a focus on business goals, and follow through on procedures designed to smooth the way to on-time, on-budget, fully functioning facilities management deployments.
Digitize Facility Maintenance
- 5 important technology solutions for Facility Management- 2022
- 5 functions of scannable codes in digital facility management
- QR-based contactless complaint system for corporate buildings
- Facility Audit – How CMMS help you
- What is new in digital facility management technology- artificial intelligence, data science and Business intelligence.?
- 9 ways digitization helps in facility management
- Role of digital facility management- Smart buildings, Green buildings, and Sustainable development.
- Are we achieving Sustainable Building goals?
- Hard vs Soft Inventory Allocation
- What and Why of Utility Monitoring System
- 5 reasons reopening of offices with digital facility
- Kaizen PDCA and Facility Management
- How To Choose Best Inventory Managment Software
- Touchless Facility Management boost confidence in Property
- How to digitize facility and maintenance management in most efficient way